Recipe: Campfire dessert (I)
In recent posts we have focused on side dishes and sauces, but we must not forget the desserts. That moment where you can relax, sit down and enjoy a sweet bite.
I’m more of a desserts person, I love to spend the day in the kitchen, involved in hours of preparation, taking care of the oven, making sauces and glazes, which then will require time to cool. But sometimes a little help or simplicity is highly appreciated.
The cold days have arrived and we want something that can warm us inside, and what better than something sweet.
Today we bring an ideal dessert for cold days. It is very simple to make, admits many variations and the best thing is that it’s perfect to prepare together with children.
Remember that children can help you prepare this dessert, but do NOT let them manipulate the fire.
To elaborate this dessert you will need:
- Ice cream cones.
- Little marshmallows.
- Chocolate chips or chunks (choose between milk chocolate, white or bitter).
- Fruits like raspberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.
- Mixed nuts.
- Peanut butter (or the one you like).
- Nutella or “dulce de leche”.
- Aluminium foil.
This is the easiest and most entertaining part. Make your guests and children help you.
- Spread Nutella, peanut butter or dulce de leche on inside the cone.
- Fill with any other toppings your heart desires.
- Wrap the whole cone in aluminium foil.
- Place over hot coal or grill for 5-10 minutes… rotating them occasionaly.
- Unwrap and enjoy!
Photo by www.personalcreations.com