Recipe: The best grilled beef tenderloin for christmas.
Christmas is coming! A year ago we (my husband and I) decided to change our lives. And when you choose to live far away from your family, it get hard sometimes. You can feel lonely, but when Christmas is here and your family says “we are arriving soon” you say “yay!” and start thinking and organizing your whole menu. That’s me!
So, you have two choices: easy and no complication menu, or (my choice) multiple options menu. For me, more options are better! I now, I have a problem… hahahaha.
But when you see your guests smiling and saying how delicious everything was, all makes sense. I come from a family that enjoys food, good wine and having a great time. So Christmas is the perfect opportunity to enjoy.
Today, we have this simple but fantastic grilled beef tenderloin to surprise your guests. This recipe is perfect to combine with mashed potatoes and chestnuts.
Take note and save this recipe!
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (about 4 pounds, at room temperature)
- 3 large minced clove garlic
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs oregano and rosemary
- 6 to 7 strips bacon (cut in half)
- First, rub the beef tenderloin with the garlic and sprinkle salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Place whole sprigs of oregano and rosemary on top of the roast.
- Space out 5 to 6 pieces of butcher’s string and lay the tenderloin roast on top. Arrange bacon half-strips over the top of the herbs, slightly overlapping. Tie strings to hold everything in place.
- At this point you can refrigerate the beef overnight. Bring beef completely to room temperature before grilling.
- Put the beef tenderloin in the hot grill and cook it until desired cooking point. Then let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove strings, slice and serve.